search

 

Monday, February 18, 2008

Expect the unexpected

Life is full of unexpected twists and turns. One day you’re on top of the world the next the world is crashing down around your ears. Am I happy? Yes most days. Am I sad? Occasionally when things are beyond my control. In my life there have been ups and downs. From as far back as I can remember I have always tried to be happy and to have others around me who wanted to be joyous. But alas, people are stupid. For some reason everyone between the ages of born and dead likes to be miserable. Give some one something for free to brighten their day and they will break it. Offer them a chance to do something to help them and they complain it’s not free (so they can break it). Give some one a little bad news and they make it seem like the end of the world.

I wrote a poem about lawn gnomes who bowl.

I had a dream where you and I ate Ice Cream.

The only thing I can figure out is how to add. A number here or there but when you add people it doesn’t make sense. 1 + 1 can equal any number higher than 2. (If you don’t get it then you aren't getting any) Long dark hallways and parking garages scare me a little because you start thinking about subtraction. 1 of me minus 1 of me = a little scared. Subtraction is very rarely a good thing. $20 - any amount = sucks. Head - hair = sucks. Not that I have anything against bald people but if it won’t grow back that sucks. Car - gas = sucks. There are good subtractions too don’t get me wrong, they are just few and far between.

My life is a story that should be made into an epic movie.

No comments: