search

 

Monday, February 18, 2008

Live love laugh

The American way of life is a strange a mythical creature. I say this because as Americans we are always searching for the extreme. Whether its in sports or money or even food, we always look for the absolute. No compromises, no mediocrity. When we want to be rich we want to be completely rich, and when we want to be happy we will not settle for content. It is the American way of life.

I have to say now that as I watch people and observe their behaviors (something I have always done). I have come to my own proverbial epiphany and that is I don’t want to be rich beyond my wildest dreams. I don’t want to be an extreme. I want to be content and satisfied with my life. Now I’m not saying I don’t want to be happy. What I’m saying is I have noticed that the adage "Money cant buy happiness" is actually true. Some of the happiest people I have ever met weren’t rich or even well off. There are also those who would argue, "It may not buy happiness but it’s a good start." I can’t completely agree with those individuals either. In the past 26 years it has never mattered how much money I have made, I always spend it. If I make 5 dollars an hour then I will adapt my lifestyle to suit if I make 100 thousand dollars a year I can be fairly certain I will adapt my lifestyle to suit that also. I have learned in the past you can get used to just about anything, it just takes awhile to adjust.
Its funny every time I write one of these things I lose track of what I wanted to say to begin with and just ramble most of the time. And the worst part is it’s not like its original, and I’m a bit late in learning it. But I still like to share so I do :) The main reason I actually began writing this is because wanted to say I’ve always wanted to be happy and in talking with people I noticed that the times that I have been truly happy and content are in the moment when you first wake up with someone you care about in your arms. For that moment nothing else exists except the two of you. You all know what I am talking about. Take the time if you are in a relationship to make that moment last. Stop what you are doing and for a minute look at the person you are with and say Hi with out worries or troubles. Just put everything aside for one minute and tell that person you care about that they mean something to you. Make a connection; you never know how long they are going to be there, so every day is a new experience. If you feel that you do the same thing everyday, realize that the person, who asks you how your day was, really cares and might actually want to hear about it. It might actually be interesting to them because they don’t do that every day. Make the connection every day with the ones you care about.

No comments: