search

 

Monday, February 18, 2008

The masks we wear

In the early 1990s there was a young actor by the name of Christian Slater. He was in a bunch of movies that were just awesome. For example Gleaming the cube, Heathers, and one in particular called Pump Up The Volume. In this last movie he portrayed a guy who’s parents moved to a place that older folks love aka the middle of fucking nowhere. Now this guy was a shy guy who didn’t talk much or do very many things that involved people. But unbeknownst to everyone at night he broadcasted illegally through the airwaves to the entire high school population as Happy Harry Hardon (hence the title). He talked about everything from sex to life to sex. You know the basics. Well in the end the FAA was involved and so on and so forth. I’m not going to just give away the ending to those of you who haven’t seen It.>:)

Ok now I know you’re thinking how can this guy rant about a movie... well grasshopper. The movie portrays a guy with 3 types of personalities. 1 to people he doesn’t know he’s just crazy but he makes valid points. 2 to his parents he’s a bit angry and frustrated. And 3 to the people he meets in everyday life he’s shy and withdrawn. Now this movie being made in the early 90s is set towards that time frame but the theory is still valid. Every one wears masks. Those masks don’t change who we are they just hide different parts of are personality.

Now that I'm done with the brief explanation of my theories. Lets get down to the point. Men and women. Ohhh yes this seems to be the basis of my rants and its good stuff so I'll stick with it at least for a while longer >:) Men and women have different masks they wear. And while a woman’s may be a veil or a scarf, a mans might be a hat or an eye patch. Anyway you look at it they are still designed to hide something. Ill start by dissecting men first this time. Men are assholes at least that’s what women think anyway :) ok here’s the deal some men are assholes but women always fall for that guy so the rest of us put on or hat and say hey were assholes too. Now don’t get me wrong there are true assholes but not all of us are like that. Now then there’s the guy who does all the cool stuff and the women fall for that guy too. So all the rest of us guys put on our eye patch and say arrrrgggghhh I'm a pirate too. Why I hope that we can be the guy you choose next. Its sad I know but we all do it even the guy who says I don’t care got the tattoo so you would choose him next. And it works for everything they shy sensitive type, the rebel type, the bad boy type, all of these things aren’t all of that person. Some might be assholes to their families, some could be nice to old ladies, and some could be kindergarten teachers. But just remember. What you see is only a small percentage of that person so give the shy guy a chance, or the prep, or the nice guy. They will surprise you.

Now women, hahaha you thought I forgot about you didn’t you. Here’s the deal you complain that we make a big deal about how you look here’s a clue. Because you make a big deal about it means wee will always make a big deal about it. It’s the truth. But here’s the scoop. Women’s masks are way more complicated than guys. Maybe because I’m a guy. But they say I want that guy instead of walking up and saying I want you they out on this mask where they are flirtatious as hell. And when that don’t want a guy they put on the I’m the biggest bitch in the whole universe mask that has a few and I don’t like you and it’s all your fault that you were even born tassels. Oh yea rejection at its finest. See women have millions of masks that can change three times in one word, its kind of freaky. But they have them I’m not going to go to far into it because I may say something I shouldn’t mad then well they will cal one of those emergency women’s meetings and blacklist my ass so all I can do is go to Tibet and become one of those celibate monks and shit. Ohh wait yall thought those guys made a choice. Hahahhaa you were wrong. Ok well that about does it I’m getting tired so I’m off to the land where beer flows like water the women are always nekkid and you don’t need ruffies to get laid.

P.s. would you believe me if I told you I’m shy around girls?

No comments: