search

 

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Grammar rules

I learned that grammar rules apply for a reason.

1. Capitalization - A world of difference can be made by the use of a capital letter. This example makes the most valid point.

I helped my Uncle Jack off a horse.
I helped my uncle jack off a horse.

2. Punctuation - Meaning is carried by these little marks. A classic example of this has been handed down from generation to generation.

No. Don't. Stop.
No dont stop.

3. Subject then Predicate - This one can dramatically can change who you are talking to or about.

Peter, don't touch.
Don't touch peter.

4. Spaces - a space between words can mean the difference between a night out and jail time.

We are going together.
We are going to get her.
or
My pen is leaking.
My penis leaking.

Any or all of these gramatical mistakes can be embarassing or even mentally damaging to yourself. So remember always reread what you write and check your grammar.

No comments: